Monday, June 14, 2010

Risk

Why fight for something that you could possibly lose?

Someone asked me this question today, and I think that I gave him a pretty good response.

The first thing I thought was "Why not?" but knew that wasn't a good enough answer for his stubborn butt, so I elaborated. If you don't fight, you automatically lose that thing (or person in this case) that you desire. It's not guaranteed that you're going to lose if you try, but it is guaranteed if you don't try.

The problem we tend to have is that once there is a possibility that we may fail, we give up. We tend to have a "What's the point?" type of attitude. . . which will get you no where FAST, if you haven't discovered that already.

It is vital that we risk in order to gain (even though sometimes we may lose), because by not risking we risk even more. Risk is something that many fear. That's why it is important to be courageous. Risk in order to flourish. . . and even if you don't benefit the first time around, eventually you will. I promise.

My man Andre Gide once said "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Next time you find yourself reluctant to do something, remember this quote. Remember to be courageous. Remember to risk.

It will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment